(Review) Etude House: Precious Mineral Any Cushion SPF 50+ PA+++ (W13 Natural Beige)

Hiya all!

Today I get to share one of the new hypes in Korea which is a BB cream that comes in a cushion form! Unfortunately I have only tried Etude House's cushion BB cream so far and I have to say that I do like the packaging and the overall thought behind them. If you are looking for something new and quirky to try out, then I definitely recommend trying out BB cream cushions.


The BB cream comes in a sponge that has been soaked in BB cream and every time you dip your applicator in it, it loads up more product. Personally I think this is extremely handy as it really is a no mess! It comes with a puff applicator that is blue on the other side. The point of this applicator is that made of polyurethane. This probably doesn't say much to you but the polyurethane helps to soak in the BB cream into the puff and when you press it onto your skin, it makes the application even and light. I really think that it is the best applicator out of all the sponges, beauty blenders and brushes I have used!
The downside, is that it soaks a lot of product and can be a pain to wash as there is always a bit of residue...I wash the sponge once a week and I feel that if you wash it less often, it gets very icky...This might not be the most hygienic way to apply your makeup to be honest...To all germaphobes out there, this might be too unhygienic for you. 

The packaging itself weighs 90g and you get 15g of the product. I've read many posts that have come into the conclusion that you actually get a lot less product with cushion type packaging. I am currently using my first refill for this product and I did find that I ran out of the BB cream a lot quicker than with normal BB cream bottles. I also have to flip the sponge if I want to use all of the product which can be quite messy. I do think that this might be because the product is not as hygienic as product in a bottle or a tube so it is better to change the sponge sooner than later. However, this will end up costing you more even when you can get the refill for about 5GBP or 7USD. 




It comes in three colours which are N02 Light Beige, W13 Natural Beige and W24 Honey Beige. There are not much variety with colours when it comes to BB creams but I definitely think that one of these three colours would be a match to most skin tones as BB creams often oxidize to match the skin tone better. 
I find the W13 natural beige to be a perfect fit to my skin tone which is rather pale but I have some warm undertones. It does not look too pale on my face or make my face look more brighter than the rest of my body. You can see in the pictures below that it really is a perfect fit to my skin tone. It might seem like I have pimples but the red pumps on my face are due to extremely dry skin that I was suffering from but it has definitely started to heal!

The coverage is light to medium depending on how much you layer it on but I don't think you would be able to get a full coverage with it. It goes on very smoothly, and unlike some BB creams it doesn't have a very glossy finish to it. It is somewhere between matte and glossy. It feels very light on skin and does not accentuate dry areas on my face. It lasts throughout the whole day as long as it is not too hot and humid (doesn't happen a lot in Scotland...). I have worn this plenty of times when I've been out with friends and it did last fairly well even when I was sweating and dancing a lot but I did have to reapply once. I would say that it lasts between 5-9h depending on your skin type as well. 

I do think that it would be suitable for all skin types as it is not too hydrating or not too drying. If you have a very dry skin then I would recommend trying out the new version: Precious Mineral Moist that provides more moisture with baobab water than the original type.  

Here is a comparison with oil control between Precious Mineral and HolikaHolika Aqua Petit Jelly. I dabbed the same amount of product on a oil control film and let them sit for an hour.
As you can see HolikaHolika has better oil control than Etude House which I was very surprised by!


Pros: 

  • Not too drying
  • Fairly good oil control
  • Handy to use
  • Lasts throughout the day
  • Puff applicator 
  • Doesn't feel heavy or sticky
Cons: image

  • Runs out quickly
  • More expensive than normal BB creams
  • Unhygienic
  • Puff needs to be washed often

Overall, I have mixed feelings...I do think the product itself is excellent, as it delivers well with coverage and lasting power. The colour also matches my skin tone very well and it doesn't feel too heavy or drying. It also doesn't look too pale or glossy. 
I do like the packaging in a sense that it is very handy, especially on the go. The applicator really is good but very unhygienic as there always seems to be a bit of residue left on the puff...Plus you end up pressing it into the sponge over and over again. 
You will also end up spending more money as it will run out quicker even when there is a cheaper refill....

You can get it from Testerkorea for 14,400KRW (approx. 8.40GBP or 13.20USD) or a refill for 8,000KRW (approx. 4.60GBP or 7.20USD)

Have a great day :)

Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.